Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm horrible at keeping up with this stuff, it's just that Max is keeping me so busy these days it's hard to find time to do the things that I need to do, much less the things I want to do, and then blog. So here's what's been going on, in a nutshell:

Max is now 9 months old. Holy smokes! This past month he's been working on mastering crawling, which he's virtually rocket propelled these days. He's been pulling up on furniture, my pants legs, the walls, and pretty much anything else that will stay still long enough. (Look out, Basil!) He has started trying to stand up just from the floor, where he ends up on his hands and feet. I hate it when he does it on the ceramic tile, just makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

We are also getting acquainted with bumps and bruises around here. He's 1) fallen off the bed 2) bonked his face on the a) windowsill, b) end table, c) hearth. He's got a scratch on his nose which I can only assume came from his little talons.

He's got the pincer-grip thing down pat. I got him some organic O-shaped cereal, and he goes to town on it. He loves the stuff and can't shove it in his face fast enough sometimes!

Max is also working on the next set of teeth, this week they've really disturbed his sleeping (mostly during the day, thank goodness!). I can't tell where they're going to come in next.

And, he was Yoda for Halloween! Of course, we didn't take him trick-or-treating, but it was still fun to dress him up. John and I followed suit with our own Star Wars getups.

As far as talking, he is fully babbling now. No mamas yet, still all about da-da, ca (cat), ga-ga, and the new one which I love: laddle-laddle.

Hmmm, I guess that's pretty much it, so here's a run down of some of the pictures from the last month!

Day at the park:



First shot at spaghetti!

I'm coming to get you, Mama!

Fun times, these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment