Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 2

Yesterday wasn't too bad, I started to get a little headache but it was nothing like the first and it went away fairly quickly. I munched at work all day on green beans, cucumbers, and bell pepper with the marinara dipping sauce I had made on Wednesday. I never had time to prepare anything for lunch so I ended up eating 2 boiled eggs and a little orange. After work I had to go to the dentist and then Mom and I were going to Palestine so I didn't really get to eat until we got to her house. I had packed 2 grocery bags of produce and food since I know that Palestine probably doesn't have much in the way of organic stuff. I popped a spaghetti squash in the oven as soon as we got here, and then my nephew brought over meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a banana pudding my sister had made...ugh! It smelled so good! I whipped up a smoothie while waiting on my spaghetti squash and when I finally got to eat that, it was so good, with the tomato sauce on it.

Max got to eat some mashed potatoes with his PawPaw and he loved them! It was the first time he'd really been given something on a spoon, aside from when his daddy gave him a couple of bites of potato salad and baked beans. He was helping PawPaw put the spoon in his mouth...it was so cute!

Today is the 2nd annual Dogwood Marching Classic or something like that...my niece and nephew are in the Palestine High School band and they march at 8, but they're helping out all day, so I'm going with my sister and brother-in-law to watch. Of course Max is coming, too! I need to get in the kitchen and make some food to take that is cleanse-friendly. I'll probably bake some eggplant, pack some salad and the other half of my spaghetti squash. This time I think I'll just put roasted garlic, salt and pepper on it. And I'll have to take my snacking veggies and some fruit...looks like another full grocery bag today!

Well, it's about time for Max's morning nap so I'm headed to go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment