Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Starting Solid Food!

Last Thursday I decided it was time for Max's first food, the lovely avocado. I had wanted to give him this particular food because it's so healthy with good fats and because I like them too! I figured I could eat what he didn't :) So I sliced up the avocado and he promptly went to work on it!



I was going to do the whole 4-day wait rule that everyone advocates so I gave him many chances to enjoy the avocado over the next few days...he wasn't terribly impressed and I think he got tired of me giving it to him. Bananas were to be next, but as of yesterday they weren't ripe enough, so I bought him a very ripe pear. As you can see, it was a hit!

(I love this one!)

Not sure he actually was able to ingest much of it, but it's all about the exploration!

I was doing some more looking around on the baby-led weaning (that advocates just giving food to the child at 6 months because they can feed themselves; no purees) and decided that I'm being too insane about the 4-day wait and introducing foods one at a time. We're just going to give him what we're eating. I think it will make us eat healthier too! After all, that's how they used to do it!

I made roast, carrots, potatoes and steamed broccoli last night for dinner and gave max a carrot and some broccoli. He liked it! I'll post pictures of the carrot-broccoli debacle later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment