Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Time to Cleanse

So, I've decided that tomorrow I'm starting the cleanse. I went to LFWC this morning and picked up my supplements and then to Whole Foods to get my first batch of groceries. Most everything was organic, and I can say for certain that my vegetable drawer is the fullest it's ever been! I hope that the extra money I spent for this is a motivator for me to eat it all before it goes bad. I have a nasty habit of buying vegetables and forgetting I have them until they've gone bad in the refrigerator. Of course, since they're my main source of food for the next 3 weeks I'm sure they won't this time! I'm going to try to blog about how I'm feeling during the cleanse and how it's going and if anyone has any questions I'll definitely try to answer them.

I'm excited about this because I'm getting to try some new foods and some new recipes. I'm looking forward to breaking out of my usual set of spices to try some new ones. One of the main ones I've come across so far is curry. I ate some curry a long time ago at my friend's house in Tomball, but didn't like it so much. But I realize that tastes change, and I'm sure this stuff will taste good since I'm probably going to feel like I'm starving for the next few days! I'm also looking forward to hopefully resetting my body, so to speak, getting some extra energy and learning new healthy eating habits. I just wish John was doing this with me. It's going to be hard, but I'll make it. Like Cindy said in her blog post, I have a little one to hold me accountable to get healthy! So...(a la Willie Nelson)

To all the food I've loved before,
I have to show you to the door.
'Til twenty-one days hence,
I will be on the cleanse,
And I can't eat you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment