Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Congratulations...it's a....blog!

So my wonderful friend and baby-chiropractor extraordinaire, Cindy, said I should start a blog. I guess it would be good to post all the goings-on of my life here, so I wouldn't have to tell the same stories over and over again...but I probably still will! And, I was journaling by hand, but I can type much faster than I can write, so be in my bonnet, won't you?

I am a homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing mama of a sweet baby boy, Max! I wish I was a stay-at-home mom but I am a pharmacist by trade. My dear husband is also a pharmacist. We have crazy days at work so when we are off we mostly like to hang out together at home. Sometimes I venture out with the babe while John is working on his hot rod.

I am extremely opinionated, especially when it comes to pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding. I like to cook but I rarely do it. I endeavor to be green in as much of my life as possible, but let's face it. I live in a modern world where sometimes it's hard. I'm no Ed Begley, Jr.! I would like to eat more naturally so that I am healthier, and so that my son grows up with healthy eating habits. I am inspired by MckMama and her natural food lifestyle. I hope to get better in the future, and maybe so much produce will not perish in my crisper drawer. There's a lot of I's in that paragraph, how my English teachers would groan if they saw it. Maybe I should use the royal "we" instead. Does that make a difference?

You may find that this blog rambles and jumps from subject to subject rapidly. We can't help it. Also, we are not in high school anymore and do not have to answer to English teachers. We may also be silly and/or random. It's our blog, we'll say what we want. Within reason. Also, we tend to be quite sarcastic at times.

I actually think that makes me sound like I have dissociative identity disorder. We thought it was fun, though.


Today Max is 3 months old! Here he is in his "Hunk" outfit that my dear friend Lauren gave him. He is a hunk for sure!


Anyone want to guess how much he weighs? I'll post it in my next entry...I just want to make sure someone comes back at least once!

He is holding his head up great, most of the time, and is just starting to grab at things: the burp cloth, his blanket, the doll that John says looks like a ghost and will give him nightmares, my nose/lips/hair, etc. My baby is growing up! *sniff*

Today Max and I went to our other awesome chiropractor, Jim Bob, who also happens to be married to Cindy the wonder-mama, and then to visit my dear friend Nancy, who was in my Bradley class and also has a son who is 3 weeks younger than Max. We had such a good time chatting and hanging out, eating McDonald's with her small daughter. I also discovered that Max really likes Veggie Tales! He was staring at the TV and smiling. Uh-oh, I hope that doesn't derail my plan for no TV until age 2!

Then, I proceeded to get stuck in traffic at 4:30 when Max was just working himself to a fever pitch, and I was in a scary part of Fort Worth with no safe-looking places to pull over. We finally made it to a Sonic in north Arlington where I pulled a sobbing, blotchy-faced baby from the backseat, apologized profusely and swore to never let it happen again. A few minutes of nursing and all was forgiven. Thank God!

Nancy asked me if I would be interested in pumping some extra breastmilk to help out a lady with an adopted baby. She is just not willing to do the formula thing. Yay! I am glad she is committed to giving her new baby the best start in life, and I am thrilled to (hopefully!) be able to bless her in this way. I will definitely have to build up a supply for Max before I start, but I think I'll be able to contribute. I'm kind of excited...it's paying it forward, you know? God has blessed me, so why not share the love? More on this endeavor as it progresses.

Well, I am pretty tired, so I am going to go to bed. I have to work tomorrow, and then I am taking Max to see King Tut at the Dallas Museum of Art afterward. Long day ahead!

2 comments:

  1. that picture does not even look like him! he is growing up so fast!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be this cool about birth and babies, instead of being completely terrified. I think, though, that some women have what it takes to be an earth mama, and other women don't. :(

    ReplyDelete