Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday







Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


Here's what I did not do this week:



Last weekend, while we were on our way to Montana for a friend's wedding, I did not, after finding out that our flight attendant had a baby just a half hour after I had Max, say to her, "Well we were doing the same thing at the same time then." My husband did not then proceed to mortify me by pointing out how perverted that sounded. I really did NOT mean THAT!

I went to visit my dear friend Nancy in Fort Worth on Wednesday. I did not think that I could make it home without feeding Max first, and then proceed to get stuck in traffic with a hungry, sobbing baby. I most certainly did not entertain the idea of just nursing him while we rolled along at 1.5 miles an hour, a la Britney Spears. Nope, not me!

We share our bed with three-month-old Max, so it's more snuggly and definitely easier to nurse him at night. A couple of nights ago, he woke up to eat, and was fussing and not latching on. I did not wake up a little more to find that what I was trying to get latched on to me was not his hungry little mouth, but his ear. Absolutely not!


This weekend, I did not find myself In. Absolute. Agony. My body did not betray me and turn me into a quivering, cold-sweating and shaking mess and confining me to bed for days. I do not have a wonderful network of friends who pray for me and a chiropractor who fixes me and sells me homeopathic remedies to help. I have not, therefore, been taking capsules with ingredients like cow spleen. (I should NOT have read those ingredients!) I also, since I am employed in the more traditional field of medicine, did not turn to pharmaceutical help as well, and did not feel guilty and afraid my natural-minded friends would crucify me for doing so. Nope, not me!


I was not listening to my baby coo lovingly at my mother while she generously takes care of him and, therefore, feeling jealous because she gets to have all the fun and I can barely pick myself up, let alone him. I did not ask my husband to help me take a shower. I am not having a pity party. Not me!


Now that I've divulged some of the more embarrassing things I did not do this week, won't you do the same? Like McKMama says, it's cheap therapy, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment