Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bed Bound Blogging

I am still hanging out here in the bed, convalescing, so I thought I'd do a little bed-bound blogging. I don't even really have a topic in mind yet...I figured a little stream-of-consciousness post has the capacity to be slightly interesting to someone.

To start, have I mentioned before that I have the best mom ever? Not only is she taking care of Max while I am flat on my back most of the time, but she is also cooking and bringing me food in bed. Which is wonderful. I could enjoy it more if I weren't currently an invalid, though. She's in there knitting Max a beautiful blanket to go with his hand-stitched christening gown. She's a machine! A sweet, loving, selfless machine. And she laughs at my husband's jokes, which is a plus. Although it tends to make him think that he should say more of the strange stuff that makes her laugh, which generally just makes me groan.

Don't get me wrong. He is pretty darn funny. And he has been great to me as well. At first, he was a bit sullen about it all, of course I took it as resenting me for being hurt...which couldn't be more wrong. That's just how my mind works. He's just been upset because he doesn't know how I hurt myself and is at a loss for how to help me. His mood has gotten significantly better as I have improved.

I have, actually, been improving. I managed to get myself to the bathroom AND back all by myself earlier. Simple pleasures, I know, but yesterday that wasn't even near possible. And I haven't broken into a cold sweat once today! Yay!
So it's gorgeous weather outside today and Mom tells me that all kinds of my flowers are in bloom, and I'm in here with this artificial light and recycled air. Blech. Maybe I'll get out later.

Speaking of outside, there's always the chance I'll come across this guy:

And he came back after that! Nosing around the window screen like he wanted to come inside. He was just a rat snake though. Honestly, I'd rather have him than a spider. They say every person will eat an average of 7 spiders in their life. And as my dear friend Lauren tells me, 90% of statistics are made up. Whatever. As long as he doesn't try to eat my baby, we're cool. And I really hope I don't sound that stoned just in regular life. It seems to be my video-camera voice. I channel Matthew McConaughcrazy. I'm surprised I didn't invite the snake to just "keep on livin'".
Sometime soon I will post a video of Max being his cute self. I have briefly entertained thoughts of photoshopping in some airplanes buzzing around his head and a tiny woman in his little pudgy fist. I kid, I kid.
I just looked out the window and John is trimming the hedges outside! Thanks, baby! I was starting to get afraid to use the front door for fear I would be grabbed/eaten alive/maimed by that holly bush out there! And I'm not going near it with a hedge trimmer after the time I tried to do it and John made fun of me. He claims I have a penchant for all things asymmetrical and apparently thought I was extending this to the bushes. Not so! I'm just one of those people who probably should never trim anyone's bangs. I'd probably just cut them crooked and in an attempt to straighten them end up giving them something reminiscent of Bettie Page. Like mine were when I was 5. Love Bettie Page, but...can't pull her off now...definitely couldn't then. Just look at that posture! Horrible. (Mine, not Bettie's, may she rest in peace)








(me, circa 1983) (Bettie Page, courtesy of Flickr)

Nope, no resemblance whatsoever.

I have no more energy to wait any longer on this antiquated, slow, blankety-blank laptop. I think the geriatric pterodactyl inside who hammers the data into stone tablets is about to expire. (This...is an ex...pterodactyl!) Dang it's slow! Bah. No more blogging tonight. I'm just gonna read other people's.

And my mom just brought me a sammich. Yum! Thanks, Mom!





































No comments:

Post a Comment