Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Husband, the Bird-Whisperer

We love birds. Since we live in the semi-country, we have lots of birds. We also have big windows. Not a good combination. Sometimes the birds fly into the windows and sometimes it's very sad. Most of the time, though, they just knock themselves silly, as was the case last night. We had a female painted bunting fly into the dining room window. We have only just been seeing some painted buntings around, and they are gorgeous! John got to see one for the first time the other day, and then this female nearly offed herself. I was in the bedroom and heard them talking about it. John went outside and grabbed her so no animals got her. After bringing her in to see me, he went to sit with her while she got her bearings before flying off. He's a veritable Snow White, isn't he?Sorry about the photo quality. We really need to get some good lenses for John's Canon and start using that. Hopefully we can get a zoom lens and get some photos of the male painted buntings that are starting to come around. They don't get too close.

I'm feeling even better today, able to get around better at times but still spending most of the time in bed. I hope to improve rapidly from here on out though, since we are having Max's christening on Saturday. Nothing big, just my aunt and uncle who pastored a church for many years in Plano are coming out to do the honors. My mom has hand-sewn a christening gown for Max. I can't wait to put him in it and post pictures! It's beautiful, a real heirloom. I just hope that he fits in it, the way he's been growing!

I have been kind of sad the last couple of days, because Max is starting to babble more, and at times he has been in there just cackling away at Mom or at his swing mobile. I haven't gotten to see that very much. Right now, Max and John are in the living room watching basketball and I am blogging. I'd much rather be with them. *sigh*

I'll be glad when my posts can be happy all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment