Monday, May 25, 2009

Max's Christening

We had Max christened here at the house on Saturday. My dear Uncle Dwayne and Aunt Janice were on hand so they could do the honors. My uncle is a retired pastor and I wouldn't want anyone else to do this for us. He spoke the sweetest words over Max and us and it was perfect. Max wore the christening gown that my mother made for him, and it was perfect too. She really outdid herself on this. It is completely hand-sewn, including the details and even the lace is hand-crocheted by her. I am in awe of this woman! It fit him perfectly, and he looked just like a little angel: I wasn't aware that a christening was an occasion to give gifts, but he got some: his very first Bible, a couple of new outfits, some new books and some toys that have different textures for him to discover. Max is very into textures these days. One of his favorites is his daddy's hairy arms! And, he got....his first potty!No, it's not a joke. We do Elimination Communication with him, and it's been great so far.

Here's few more pictures of Max with his various fans: Lauren, his MawMaw, midwife Ann, and his Aunt Lisa:

In other news, my back is almost completely healed. Thank you Jesus! Mom is staying on this week to make sure I don't get myself in a situation while John is at work, then after that it should be back to normal. I've been mostly caring for Max for the last couple of days. I've tried not to yank him completely out from under her, because I know she's really enjoyed the time with him, but I'm ready to completely be independent again. I am so thankful that she has been available to care for us during this difficult time, but I hate that she's had to. Love you, Mom!

1 comment: